Join a creative team of product managers, UX designers & researchers, software architects,
software developers and QA analysts & engineers dedicated to delivering software that
delivers value to our clients and engaging experiences to users.
We are serious about always learning new things. We create the time and opportunities for
you to learn and develop new skills and actively promote and compensate you for taking on
more responsibility aligned with your career goals.
Join our team as a product manager! It will be your job to help the client discover what software to build that would be valuable to their business, usable to their users and technically feasible. We believe a good product manager is experienced in at least one of the following areas: business, user experience or technology.
If this describes you, or the direction you want to grow in then you will really enjoy this role:
You are a phenomenal communicator who has deep empathy with all stakeholders: clients, users, UX practitioners, software developers, project sponsors, etc. You can see stakeholder issues before they arise and aren’t afraid of resolving them with radical candour.
Your days may include re-establishing the focus on the product vision, refining the backlog, facilitating a design sprint, poring over the data, conducting customer discovery interviews and a myriad other things. This is no mean feat, but you enjoy the challenge.
You are extremely eager to learn and will never stop learning no matter how ‘senior’ you get. You are not afraid to try new techniques and can understand complex problems to such an extent that you can enable the team to address the problem effectively, using their toolbox of business acumen, UX and technology.
You are probably also entrepreneurial.
Stakeholder communication and expectation
- Keep in mind the different views of
various stakeholders and explain changes to them within their context
- Facilitate decisions on scope, budget and timeline
- Lead an empowered cross-functional team (UX designers & researchers, software
developers, QA analysts & engineers)
- Collaborate with the client and the team to determine the product context including
vision, strategy and OKRs
- Compile the business case for product discovery and development
- Manage value, usability, technical feasibility and business viability risk
- Data visualisation to derive business value
- Market analysis and competitive positioning
- Business process mapping
Lean product process
- Product owner support (the product owner is client-side and often inexperienced with
- Product discovery
- Release planning and execution
- Lean analytics
Project and financial management
- Project budget management
- Resource planning
- Project plan update with dependencies in mind
- Financial updates, invoicing and forecasting
- Project risk management
- Remove impediments to product development
- Facilitate retrospectives and implement Agile principles
- Exposure to a range of industries, projects and technologies
- Work in teams of product managers, UX designers & researchers, software developers and QA
- Work remotely but not in isolation
- Continuously learn about new shiny things with allocated training budget and time
- A mentor with the experience in the skills that you want to develop
Firstly, you need the skills to take on the responsibilities specified above. You also need a love for
- teams of creative and happy people
- closely collaborative innovation
- creating value through lean principles
- being adaptive rather than reactive
and the ability to notice and steer clear of
- being defensive
- always being right
in your own thinking and behaviour, as well as that of the people around you.
If you tick all the required boxes, the following things will give you an edge:
- If you’ve started your own business before (it does not matter whether it worked out
- An inclination to mentor others
- Minimum 5 years of work experience
- Minimum 2 years experience in Agile software development
- One of the following
- Minimum 2 years experience as a project manager
- Minimum 2 years experience as a tech Product Manager
- Minimum 2 years experience as a Business Analyst